Friday, January 18, 2008

Random Thought #77 - Wes Anderson Films

As I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking (and quoting) movies, as I often do. And I quoted a great line from the movie Rushmore.

Max Fischer: "So you were in Vietnam if I'm not mistaken?"
Herman Blume: "Yeah, that's right."
Max Fischer: "So you were in the shit?"
Herman Blume: "Yeah, I was in the shit."

This made me remember how much I LOVE Wes Anderson films! He's easily one of my top 10 favorite directors. However, my favorite film of his is easily Rushmore. It's the first film I saw of his, and in the theater, and I instantly loved it watching the whole thing with a great big smile on my face. Everyone always says that their favorite film of Wes Anderson is The Royal Tenenbaums. I disagree. It's a great film, but I like Rushmore so much better.

Anyways, that's my random thought for today.

Someone cue the song "Making Time" by Creation. Rock out!

2 comments:

MikeyB said...

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou...favorite.

Captain Random said...

That's a good one too.

Forever in search of the Jaguar Shark!