Monday, March 09, 2009

Walk with the Animals

Looks like its been a while since I last posted up. So I've got some new material (mainly pics).

With this past weekend came a nice warm break to old man winter's frozen death grip on our Minnesotan climate. We are talking 40 degree weather folks ... a HEAT WAVE!! So my girlfriend and I got out to the MN Zoo (being members) to watch the animals and also enjoy the warmer temps.

I love the MN Zoo and every time I go I feel like a kid again ... and I can't help but take a zillion photos. The highlight on this zoo adventure would have to be the leopards in the new Russian exhibit. (Side note - If you haven't been to the new Russian exhibit to see the Grizzly Bears you are missing out.) However, every time I walk by the leopards they are always either asleep or just laying there bored. This time was different ... they were chasing after each other, pouncing all over the place and playing. It made for a much more enjoyable experience and better photos.

Below are a few pics of the latest MN Zoo adventure. Enjoy!










Watch out for ATTACK TURTLE!!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

NICE Leopard pics! Did you go early in the morning to get those? I wonder if they're more active in the morning because they're hungry or something.

I agree....I LOVE the Grizzly exhibit! Last time Corey and I went there we pushed our way to the front by the glass to get a good look. (Talk about being a kid again...."I want to see the Grizzly's get out of the way!" LOL.)

Captain Random said...

I think we saw the Leopards around feeding time in the early afternoon. That's when I took the pics.

And the Grizzles are by far the most entertaining to watch. Especially in the spring and summer. In the winter they basically sleep a lot - hibernate?

I could watch the bears (and the sea otters) for hours.

Aimee said...

I want a leopard as a pet!!!
Nice pictures btw.

Captain Random said...

You should TOTALLY get a leopard for the new baby's room. It could guard and protect the baby from intruders.

I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with that idea. Right?