Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Guitar Hero II. Greatest Game EVER???

Well I'm behind the times a bit on this one, but through some co-workers I recently discovered the video game magic and addiction known as Guitar Hero II. For those that aren't familiar (like I was). This is one of those video games you usually encounter people playing in the aisles of Best Buy, while parents and friends are yelling at the player in phrases like, "Billy, we have to go NOW!!" or "Okay, fine I'm leaving then. See watch here I go, I'm walking out the door!! This is me walking out the door now." or my favorite "Hey dumbshit, we gotta go the movie starts in like 5 mins!!!"

Well rarely does a video game come along that no matter your level of skill, interest or coolness in relation to the "video game" category that a game can captivate and get you addicted so much that you tend to lose all track of time, forget loved ones, or just have a general disregard for all other obligations in life. Well Guitar Hero is one of those games!!

Last week with the release of Guitar Hero II some co-workers were playing it and competing here at work. I was trying to get them to do something (job related), but instead I was being ignored as everyone was addicted and playing Guitar Hero II. Well, hey if you can't beat 'em join them, right? (Or key their cars ... but that's a different story.) So I picked up the guitar, started the game and *BAM* I was hit with a shockwave of instant hypnotic addiction. Maybe it was the music, maybe the seizure inducing blinking lights or maybe my aching wrist and cramped fingers ... I can't be sure. But I was hooked!! That night I immediately went and bought my own version from Best Buy. A week later, I can say I'm still hooked and it was a sound purchase.

So for those not yet addicted to Guitar Hero II, well ... enjoy your freedom while it lasts. For all other curious potential rockers click here.

BTW - This game includes over 55 songs to rock out to including "Trogdor" by Strong Bad. It doesn't get any cooler then that!! Burninating the Countryside!!

No comments: