Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Antibiotics

It's amazing what a little modern medicine can do!

To back up. I was sick with bronchitis in June and was given a perscription to make the symptoms go away, but not actually long enough to "treat" the problem. So for the month of July the symptoms flared back up again, and I've been sick off and on and it's really been a pain cause I seem to get sick on the weekends during the rarely amazing summer months in Minnesota. We have such precious little time in the summer in MN and I'm supposed to out enjoying it. Not stuck in side with a sore throat and a fever.

Well last weekend the infection (or whatever it was) decided to make a unified assult on my body and I felt awful! So off to urgent care I went to see a doctor and get some medicine. Well I freaked the doctors out a bit (since I was so sick) that they ended up jabbing me with a needle about 50 different times for a bunch of tests. Oh boy, what fun! But not really.

Well the hero in this pointless tale is twofold. The first hero is Antibotics! After getting some antibiotics in my system, first through an IV and next via pills. I feel a billion times better! The second hero in the tale is finding a doctor who will listen to the patient and take a preventative approach to medicine, versus cautious approach of doing nothing. That's what got me into this mess in the first place.

So after a somewhat sick and frustrating summer, I think I maybe finally on the path to feeling better! Thanks Antibotics!!

2 comments:

anne elizabeth fern said...

At the same time, antibiotics are super over-used and that's how we build super-bacteria, folks. So if a doctor doesn't instantly write you a prescription it's not always a bad thing. They're just looking out for all of us and trying to be responsible with antibiotics.

Captain Random said...

In this case it was. I was super sick.

But still, good point and point taken.