Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MN Zoo

Well this past weekend the girlfriend and I checked out the MN Zoo. I'd been really looking forward to visiting the MN Zoo since I hadn't been there since I was about 15 years old. I LOVE the Zoo!! And what a trip back to my childhood. Only thing is once going back to a place you knew as a child ... that place inevitably always seem to shrink. And this was no exception.

Overall, just a really fun day! The exhibit highlight for me was watching the River Otters play and swim. Looked like they were having sooo much fun. I could watch those little guys all day long. Also, if you ever get a chance check out the butterfly tent. Amazing butterflies and flowers everywhere. There's a great shot every 2 inches it seems. (I got a little carried away.) It's a photographer's dream come true!

Also, I got to see my friend Corey's handy work on the MN Trail with some nice (and incidentally great smelling) new hardwood floors. Props to Corey! They look pretty darn spiffy.

Well below are a few pics of my MN Zoo adventure, or click here for more of them.











7 comments:

MikeyB said...

Is this ?Andy"? The Zoo? Looking at wildlife? Have you been stiffing glue? Was there a movie playing at the Zoo?

LDH said...

your pictures are so good it makes me want to barf. I can't believe how fricking arty you are. The sunning tiger picture was especially lovely.

Captain Random said...

ldh - Thanks for the accolades! I LOVE taking pics. It's been my new thing the last few years. I really enjoy it. I think it's time to upgrade to a Digital SLR Camera.

MikeyB - Come on man. I LOVE the Zoo (animals)!! You're talking to the guy that was that close to becoming a veterinarian.

Melanie said...

Corey and I are thinking of heading out there to see his handy work on the MN Trail.

I was out there last month on a fieldtrip but didn't see much or enjoy the sites due to chasing my students.

Melanie said...

BTW...
Where's a picture of you and "the girlfriend"?...I know she has a name. You have to get one of those types of pics in there. ;)

Corey said...

Thanks for the props, dude. Although I can take all the credit. The lovely smell wasn't from us, as our floor was pre-finished. They must have poly'd something else.

Captain Random said...

Well the wood floor still looked real pur-dy!!!