Thursday, December 20, 2007

Year in Review

The Good

• Found love, my girlfriend (Mary). :) Hard to believe it’s been 6 months already that we’ve been together. Time flies!

• Having good friends and family close by.

• Got to travel to Santa Monica (LA), CA on a TV shoot for work and hang out, see stars, shoot commercials. Good times were had! (Best moment was going for 3-mile run along the beach as the sun was setting against the ocean.)

• Took a most enjoyable camping trip to Bemidji State Park with some good friends in July.

• Enjoyed being out on my friend’s boat on Prior Lake, as I always do, in the summer! (Side note: Summer never officially starts for me until I get to go out in my friend Cory’s boat.)

• Finally bought a bike (however, only used it a couple times. Needs a tune-up.)

• Went to my 10-year High School Reunion, and it didn’t suck. (Except for Jake Schmidt, read a few entries down.)

• Saw Andrew Bird in concert, and it was FANTASTICAL!

• Saw a billion and two movies, as I normally do.


The Bad

• Got sick … A LOT!

• Got put on “the hell” account at work.

• Been working too much!

• Never took any real vacations. A goal for 2008!

• Didn’t buy a new car, HDTV, or Digital SLR camera as I’d been planning, perhaps sometime in 2050.

• Got another year older. Poop.

I’m sure there are quite a few things I’m forgetting to add to the list above, but that’s what comes to mind. 2007 had it’s share of ups and downs. However, the positive thing is that my list for good things is more than bad. Hopefully I can make the good list twice as long for 2008!

Merry Chrismahanukwazaka, everyone, and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

MikeyB said...

Going to Japan wasn't a vacation?

Captain Random said...

That was last year (Dec. 2006) ... duh!