Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Round-up

Friday, Dec. 7th

• Work wouldn’t end fast enough. I think the clock ticked backwards a couple of times.

• Picked up my 2 new pairs of glasses. One I liked. The other I probably won’t wear for a while. They look pretty fancy!

• Took a trip down to PL to see my friend Cory’s play on opening night called, “Noises Off.” It’s pretty funny, you should go see it! Only one weekend left! Put on by the Prior Lake Players at the old PL High School ... aww memories.

• Hanging out after the show with a bunch of friends at a local bar and ran into someone that I haven’t seen in 5-6 years. Well, I quickly remembered why I hadn’t seen that person in 5 years (very annoying). Umm … yeah.

• Overall an enjoyable evening. Took in a show, hung out with good friends, and enjoyed some good food and adult beverages.

Saturday, Dec. 8th

• Christmas shopping. Too many people, lots of annoying kids, and really frickin’ cold outside from the car to the stores. Winter sucks.

• Laundry ... accomplished. Sweet!

• Corey and Mel’s Holiday Party. Once again a success! Great food, great friends and overall a really fun evening. Thanks Corey and Mel!

• Lots of good food at the party, however Jamie’s chocolate chip cookies were once again simply amazing! The secret ingredient … vanilla pudding. Keeps the cookies soft and again … amazing.

• Later on that evening I had a conversation with Mel about our 10-yr high school reunion and ‘Jake Schmidt’ came up again and I went into orbit. I don’t know what it is, but every time that kid’s name is mentioned the rage comes out. What a jerk! (See entry below).

Sunday, Dec. 9th

• Happy B-Day to me! I’m now 29 and so I guess I’m officially willing to admit I’m in my late 20’s now. Kinda sad, but since I can’t get any younger may as well celebrate.

• Girlfriend came over and we celebrated.

• Saw the movie Golden Compass. Pretty good. My only regret, I don't have an armored Polar Bear warrior at my side. :(

• More Christmas shopping.

• Had dinner with the folks and they officially met Mary. It went well!

• Got presents: Tickets to Andrew Bird concert (Dec. 15th), money and BBY gift cards, Twins caps (always can use a few more), and a few other random things.

• Overall a good B-Day.

Monday, Dec. 10th

• Back to work … poop.

3 comments:

MikeyB said...

Noises Off? Just like the Peter Bogdanovich movie starring Michael Caine? Funny movie.

LDH said...

have you read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy? I read them 4 or 5 years ago, have always been some of my favorites. I haven't seen the movie yet, but oh my gosh, you should read Golden Compass just so you are ready to read the second book, The Subtle Knife. I won't totally give it away, but it involves a KNIFE with this awesome cool ability, almost as cool as telekinesis.

MikeyB said...

I don't read books. I get distracted very easily. You have to watch the movie Noises Off. It also stars Christopher Reeves.