Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Countdown...

Well t-minus 4 days and counting until I go under the knife on Friday.

I'm ridding my body of the bacteria traps known as tonsils and adenoids. No I'm not five, but somehow they have made my life quite painful over the last 9 months and it's finally time for the little buggers to come out!!! I'm looking forward to it, and also looking forward to not being on antibiotics everyday and sick all the time. It'll be a lot of pain at first, but I say bring it on. It'll be well worth it in the long run.

Now I guess I get to test that "ice cream" theory.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Good Luck!

Aimee said...

Can I come with you? Maybe they'll give us the "buy one, get one 50% off" I hardly have a voice today and my throat and throat thingies are all irritated and hurt like hell!!

Captain Random said...

I don't think they do the discount like that.

I can definitely relate though. I've had sore throats (in some cases bleeding) for the last 8-9 months. I'll be glad to be rid of them!

8AM on Friday morning. Can't wait!

Melanie said...

Hope all is going well...

Captain Random said...

Thanks! Surgery went well. Tonsils and Adenoids successfully removed, and didn't wake up with a pair of breast implants. So that's positive!

Just in quite a bit of pain at the moment and starting the recovery process. Overall, I'm doing better then I thought I would be at this point but still a ways to go before I feel back to normal.

Thanks for the well wishes!