Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Where the heck have you been?!?

Good question! Since the last week in February (over a month) I've been traveling all over the US shooting TV spots for Subaru. It's been a lot of hard work, and fun at times, but haven't been home much and the title to this entry is a question I've heard A LOT lately. Let me just say it's good to be home!

Over the past month I've been in sub-zero temperatures, seen the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean (at times within the same week), been frostbit and sunburned, sick, been on more plane trips than I care to imagine, standing on cliffs, beaches and deserts waiting for the perfect shot ... even saw a few celebs along the way. It's been a wild ride!

All in all, mission accomplished and we got some good TV spots shot. Now we just need to put them together, sell them in and get 'em on air.

Well I've decided to share the past month's adventures with a few pictures below. Just click on each set "title" below to see more pics in each collection, or just click here for the full thing.
(For the interweb non-savvy, click on individual pics below to make them bigger.)

MAINE






NORTHERN CALIFORNIA


BIG ASS TREE


The Goonies?



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA




Me and Wally Pfister (Batman himself. This is the Director of Photography who shot Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and the list goes on. Nicest guy in the world!)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

How FUN! Looks like you had a good time. Love the 'goonies' picture. Hahaha.

Aimee said...

Wow... great photos. Glad to hear you had a good time traveling the globe!

Aimee said...

that picture is totally a snapshot from the goonies....how crazy is that?

Captain Random said...

I know, about the Goonies pic!! Exactly!

I remember stepping out of the car onto the beach in Eureka, CA and looking for my medallion to line up the holes in it with the rocks along the coast. I didn't see the Fratellis, though. :(

Aimee said...

I hate kids....they suck!!
(as said by Mrs. Fratelli, I love kids)

Captain Random said...

ditto!