Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hot Tent Action

Well with the peer pressure of a couple of my friends, whom I was about ready to kill, I finally purchased a tent.

To set this story up for you, I’m going up north to my friend’s land (Andyland) camping and playing Paintball (click here for details) next weekend. We do it with a bunch of people twice a year. Once in May and again in October, so it’s not too hot or too cold. What it amounts to is a bunch of dumb guys in the woods trying to shoot each other and some of the most intelligent conversations ever take place after every game. The conversations usually go something like this after the game, “Did you see me? I was running and then I wasn’t going to shoot you, but I did and then I ran. It was awesome!!” Only the stories involve a lot of speed talking (due to the adrenaline) and lots of hand motions. And that is one of the more intelligent conversations. Honestly!!

So anyways, for the longest time I just couldn’t justify buying a tent for 2 weekends out of the year, when I could just borrow someone else’s for a couple of nights. Well my friends Mikey B and Pete apparently saddened by their decision long ago to buy a tent and their general fear of being unique, have been giving me shit for going on two years to buy a tent. Well, I’m living proof that peer pressure works, my friends. Sad but true.

So last night I ended up buying a 4 person tent at Fleet Farm. It may not be super-duper high quality, but for my needs it's a nice tent and should get the job done.

Here's a pic:



So Mike and Pete, this is my official notice that you both can STFU on the whole “tent” subject.

P.S. – Today is Mikey B’s B-Day. Take a visit over to his blog and wish him a Happy B-Day. He turns the 90 today the old timer … okay not really.

2 comments:

pete said...

I don't own a tent. I use Rundell's tent. You can ask him, he usually has a smelly extra. :)

Captain Random said...

Yeah, but you give me enough crap for not owning one. Maybe, you just wanted to live vicariously through me this whole time.