Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hell on Earth

Well I’m not sure what hell is like (I hear it’s a pretty terrible place), but if I was to guess I’d say it’s strikingly similar to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

In the first (I’m sure of many steps) to get my Motorcycle license, I found myself at the DMV the other day waiting to take the written test. However, before I could do this I of course had to stand in a never-ending ridiculously long line that didn’t move. (Actually, I’m typing this entry while I’m still in line. It’s been 3 days 4 hours and 11 mins. Please send food and help!! I’ve lost all feeling in my right side.)

Well, I won’t go into graphic detail about the idiocy of my full experience suffice it to say it left me with several questions:

1) Why does it take an hour (literally) to move 20 feet in line?

2) Why does our govt. employ only 2 workers when there are 50+ people waiting?

3) Why is it that there is always some guy who can’t read or speak English at the head of this line, all mad that he has to pay money (apparently licenses are free in his country), holding everyone up?

Silly Ahmed (yes that was his name)! If you could only read English you would have seen in 10 places that the fee you didn’t know you had to pay was $10 and wouldn’t have wasted my and everyone’s time. Oh by the way, I want that time back, and I’m coming looking for you….so have it ready!!

Needless to say, if you are curious to get a glimpse of things to come (if you’re a horrible person) or heard about this nasty place and want to see what hell is really all about. Stop by your local DMV. I’d recommend the Eagan, MN facility. It’s a sure fire way to drive you insane and reconsider being a heathen.

No comments: