Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Milton just pass!


Okay I want to start the official petition here and now to outlaw office B-Day parties FOREVER; at least in the office.

Where I work there is this team of people (on a rather large account) that holds office B-Day parties right outside my office at LEAST twice a week. It's a large team of people and it seems to me that everyone has at least two birthdays. I swear people on that account must be like 137 now.

The reason for my frustration is that the whole team (about 20-30 people) comes out of "cubeville" in search of the 4pm sugar fix and then starts talking about 10 volume levels too high. (Bob, your at about a 10 and were going to need you to take it down to about a 4. Okay buddy?) This followed by a lot of random boring forced conversation that no one really cares about nor should be subjected to. ("Hey Bob. Well I'm on this diet so I really shouldn't eat this cake, but it's sooo good. Man, this frosting is sooo rich I wonder if I can get the recipe." and so forth...)

So what you end up with is a boring forced interaction where everyone yells and eats cake...right outside my office. Really easy to get work done, let me tell you.

No offense, congrats Kathy on the B-Day, but damn sister can we take the noise and sugar outside? Seriously!

Okay, I'm done ranting now. Milton...just pass!

3 comments:

pete said...

Fuck cake. Give me a beer on a patio.

Captain Random said...

That's out of the office. I support it!

MikeyB said...

I'm with you. Each month we have birthdays and anniversaries, lame. Everyone acts all fake and happy to each other even though you know they want to rip each others testicles or female knick knacks off and ram it down each others throats.