Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Greatest Commercial EVER - Goulet!!

I didn't watch the Superbowl this year, which is a bit sacrilegious for me since I work in Advertising. However, I was checking out the commercials online today, when low and behold what do I find? An Emerald Nut commercial centered around "Robert Goulet." Sheer Screaming Genius!!

As I watched this commercial I was awe struck and once it was done I started to laugh uncontrollably and finished with saying (to myself) "That was the greatest commercial I've ever seen!" A co-worker happened to be walking by at the time and asked me if I was talking to myself. I tried to explain, but was speechless from what I had just witnessed. She figured it out soon enough, and agreed that it was a truly great commercial.

So enough of my yapping. If you haven't seen it click below and enjoy the creative brilliance that is a creepy Robert Goulet for Emerald Nuts!

5 comments:

anne elizabeth fern said...

My cousin's wife is related to Mr. Goulet. She's his neice, I think.

Aimee said...

oh boy, i am at a loss for words, but I do have a strange craving for nuts....

MikeyB said...

If memory serves me correctly the E.N. commercial was voted one of the worst during the super bowl.

The Blockbuster commercial was #1 and then there were 3 or 4 Budweiser commercials in the top 5 (I’m sure this is different depending on which poll you look at). The Budweiser slap, Dalmatian, crabs and paper, rock, scissors.

I really liked the Sierra Mist beard comb over with Jim Gaffigan.

MikeyB said...

....but the Goulet E.N. commercial is pretty funny. Would have been better if Will Ferrel played Goulet.

Captain Random said...

Never EVER underestimate NOR doubt the power of a good Goulet!

Anne - Does your cousin's wife live in quiet awe?