Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Things I don't understand #34: Women's Sunglasses

Seems like wherever I go (be it shopping, running around the lakes, or even just grabbing some lunch during the workday) I see women wearing gargantuan sunglasses. It's as if there is a secret unspoken competition among women to see who can wear the biggest sunglasses.

Why is this? I don't understand. Is it a skin aversion to sunblock, so instead you try to cover your entire face with sunglasses? And every time I look the sunglasses get bigger. I saw a pair yesterday, as I was out running around Lake Harriet, that would put Harry Caray to shame.

Is this just one of those things that guys will never understand? One of those secret unspoken things, like the reason women always go to the bathroom in groups is cause they have pool and foosball tables in their bathrooms?

I guess I'll never know.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't know why woman do this...my shades are big but I don't think they're that bad. (You'll have to tell me this weekend.) Maybe that's what women think..."they don't look that bad."

Plus I heard that sunglasses look better on you when you have them even with your eyebrows.

Or These girls must like the HUGE racoon eyes look. Hahahaha.

LDH said...

Here's my advice: spend your time pondering less complicated things. Like electrical engineering or something. Easier to understand and more usefull overall.

anne elizabeth fern said...

I think the whole big sunglasses things goes back to Jackie. O. She wore them, and she's a fashion icon. Everything cycles back into fashion at some point, and right now we're going through the Jackie O. glasses renaissance. That's my 2 cents.