Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Twilight Zone

Okay so I’m driving along going to a friend’s house, no big deal. Ordinary day. I come to a stoplight and stop. (Cause that’s what you do at stoplights.) The cars across from me get a green arrow and start to turn in front of me. Just then, this new BRIGHT RED Jeep Wrangler catches my eye. So I look to the driver’s seat to see who might be driving this shiny new vehicle. But wait?!? There is no one in the driver’s seat! The hell?? The car is moving but no one is home!! Is this a robot car? Possibly, sent from the future straight out of The Terminator sent back in time to destroy John Connor, mankind’s savior? Okay probably not.

Then, I proceed to look in the passenger seat and I notice that the steering wheel is on the passenger side. The steering-wheel is on the wrong side!!! (It was one of those strange moments where you realize something is totally wrong even without realizing it). I did a “triple-take”!! If I wouldn’t have caused a 30 car pile up I would have driven straight out into screeching oncoming traffic just to follow this guy for an explanation.

Was it a European car? Was he a wealthy mailman? Or maybe a mailman that needed 4-wheel drive and is forced to “off-road,” in order, to deliver crazy secluded mountain-bound hermits their mail??? Alas…the world will never know, and all I have is but more questions. :(

1 comment:

Captain Random said...

Captain Random, thanks you for your support. And also for wasting time with my daily musings!