Tuesday, August 22, 2006

You stay classy, Milwaukee!

What could be better than a weekend with the guys, drinking beer, a road trip and a baseball game thrown in to top it all off? Well maybe that weekend with some hot girls, but other then that … nothing.

So last weekend Eric, Kris, Mike, and myself packed it up for a guy’s road-trip to Milwaukee or as Mike tells us … ‘"mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."’

In this glorious city, among cities, much beer was consumed, practical jokes played, Eric flashing anyone that would watch and of course America’s greatest pastime … Baseball.

Here are a few of the trip’s highlights:

Think it's a good idea to eat a chili-cheese hot dog from a gas station? Think again, it might just be a decision you regret later. Right, Mike?

One of the main food attractions in Millwaukee is a place called Kopps. (Very similar to Culvers). However, if you ever go there please notice that they make JUMBO burgers. A fact I did not realize when I ordered my "double cheesburger." I'm still full.

Ahh, the Miller Brewery Tour. Gotta say I'm not a big fan of beer, but it was impressive. Eric, Kris, and especially Mike just about had a heart attack when they saw all the beer at this place. The security guards later caught Eric trying to jump into a huge vat of beer and swim around naked in it.

This warehouse contains over 500,000 cases of beer. You could fit 5 football fields in here. And the amazing thing is all this beer will be emptied and refilled within 24 hours. Damn, that's a lot of drunk people!

Say hello to everyone back home. Thanks Kris.

Time for some tailgating action! Before the Milwaukee Brewers game we decided to join the huge tailgating party and let me tell you these people know how to do it right! Man, I wish we could do this for MN Twins' games.

Time for the game. Miller Park Stadium. This stadium is just simply amazing!

Here's a panoramic picture of the stadium I tried to take. Click on the image or go to my photos for a better picture. Just amazing seats no matter where you are at; it makes you feel like you are right there within spitting distance from the players.

My ticket.

Weiner Races. Polish Sausage (left) won by a lot.

On the way home, I discovered a Rocky Rococo Pizza place and had to stop. As far as restaurants go, pretty crappy interior, but just GREAT pizza in my opinion. I was soooo excited to discover this gem of a find on the way home. Flashbacks of my childhood ensued. These are all but extinct now in Minnesota, but they still live on in Wisconsin (land of yester-year). And they serve "Spotted Cow" beer so the guys were happy.

Lastly, here is photo documented proof of the worst McDonalds EVER. A bunch of Re-Re's are running this place. The kid that served me was either Iclandic or Retarded. He took my order (which he really had trouble with) then made me stand there for 10 mins (literally) as he starred off into space doing nothing. I could go on, but it's a frustrating story filled with anger and empty calories and not worth it. Morale of the story, I'm finally sick of McDonalds.

However, over all just a great trip and a really fun weekend escape with the guys. I'm thinking we need to do this again next year! If you want to check out all the photos click yourself on over to my photobucket here (FYI - Pics are in totally random order).

You stay classy, Millwuakee!

4 comments:

MikeyB said...

Best trip eva'!

Captain Random said...

Mo' defintely! We're going to have to do that again next year.

MikeyB said...

How's the week off?

Captain Random said...

Simply AMAZING! I have no responsiblity and no agenda.

Couldn't be better!