Monday, August 28, 2006

I can't smile anymore

Well I started my new job today. And man was the whole day a blur.

I started off the morning filling out lots of documents in HR of which I'm sure I probably signed a kidney away, or my first unborn child or something to that effect.

After that, it was off to take a tour of the new place. I was literally brought around to each individual person and introduced. Just about 150 people in all. Not only did this make it impossible to remember any names, but the tour was done in such a random way that I can't tell where the hell I'm going in this building. Later in the day, I walked into a wall a couple of times thinking it had a magic portal or a secret door or something...but it didn't. :(

Also, halfway through the tour I was fake smiling and laughing so much, meeting all the new people, I think my face broke. Seriously, I can't smile anymore...it hurts.

However, the day wasn't all bad. The new team took me out to a tasty lunch. And I got a nice office, a new mac and free parking downtown Minneapolis. Which is HUGE if you work downtown. And I get to work on the MN Twins with some great people. So it's not all bad.

4 comments:

pete said...

Don't fuckup the Twins ads or I will poop on your hood.

MikeyB said...

I will shit on the hood of your car if you fuck this up. Oh wait that's James. Well... I'll just do something bad!

Captain Random said...

Not to worry, they're other people that work on the account too. So I can't mess it up too bad all by myself.

Melanie said...

I can't wait to take a fieldtrip to your office...I'm serious!