Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Weeds and Leaves

Well I'm on a bit of a health kick right now. Exercising more and eating less/right. So I find myself eating a lot of salads lately. For lunch today I stopped off at McDonalds. Now I know what your thinking, "McDonalds, I thought he said he wanted to eat healthy?" You can, if you watch what you get there.

I got a side salad with Low-Fat Italian Dressing and a Plain McChicken Sandwich (throw away the bun). Bon Appétit!

The only thing is the Side Salad you get at McDonalds. Have you ever looked at one of those things lately? I was about to dive in and realized over half of the lettuce in the bowl looks like they ran out of traditional iceberg or romaine lettuce and had Juan (yes that was his name) go outside to pull weeds and leaves from the oak tree out back. What the hell, Juan? I'm not a rabbit!

Just a word of the wise for all of you on-the-go healthy eaters out in there blogland. Next time you pull up to McDonalds looking for a salad (which should be about .05% of the population), make sure you don't see someone raking leaves in the back of the restaurant.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

i love weed salads.
that meal you ate is actually a pretty good meal if you're on weight watchers and you're watching your points. :)