Thursday, May 17, 2007

What are some good movies out?

Being the lover of movies that I am I often get asked, "Andy, what's good out now that I should go see?" Well look no further! Here are my recommendations on what you should go see this weekend if you're looking for a good flick.

Hot Fuzz
Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost

From the makers for Shaun of the Dead, here's another brilliant comedy poking fun at all the cop thriller/action movies out there. This movie had me (and the audience) laughing from beginning to end. Easily one of the more brilliant comedic films of 2007!

Disturbia
Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Sarah Roemer, David Morse, and Carrie-Anne Moss

In this Rear Window-like remake, a teen (Shia LaBeouf) is living under house arrest and becomes convinced and obsessed that his neighbor is a serial killer. Truly a great popcorn thriller flick, with flashes of hot teen action, that will have you glued to the screen from beginning to end. I remember walking out of the theater with the feeling of being energized after seeing a great movie, and also on the lookout for creepy neighbors. Beware!

28 Weeks Later

The sequel to 28 Days Later. In this horror flick we join six months after the rage virus was inflicted on the population of the British Isles, the US Army helps to secure a small area of London for the survivors to repopulate and start again. But not everything goes to plan. Well of course it doesn't, we need some zombies, right?!? RIGHT!! Scary, intense zombie rage adrenaline-pumping action ensues. Nuff said. Enjoy!

Spiderman 3
Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Topher Grace, James Franco and Thomas Haden Church

Not much to say here. 3rd Spiderman movie. Too many characters, not enough time. Cool looking villans and effects, but the story suffers as there's not enough time to explore all of this tale's threads. However, if you like the first two Spiderman flicks chances are you'll enjoy this one. How can a zillion movie goers and dollars made be wrong? Lastly, Topher Grace (in my opinion) steals the show with his smart ass, wise cracking attitude.
Go Topher!!

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

I"ve already seen Hot Fuzz twice in the theater, and probably would again if it weren't leaving this week .. Simon Pegg and his mates are easily the funniest guys making movies today

Captain Random said...

Totally AGREE, Mr. Reel! Those guys are comedic geniuses.

What made this movie even better for me, if it could be any better. Was after the movie I was pulled over by a cop for speeding (ironically). The cop asked me if I had been drinking, due to the late hour at night. I said "NO", and proceeded to tell him about the movie "Hot Fuzz" I just saw. We started talking about the movie and Shaun of the Dead and I talked my way out of ticket. True story!

Simon Pegg you saved me from the law!