Monday, September 10, 2007

IKEA Sunday

About a month ago, one of my dresser drawers finally broke. I say "finally" because I've been using the same dresser since I was born. It was handed down to me from my Dad who had it quite a few years before I was even born. So sort of a crappy family heirloom, if you want to think of it that way. Well I didn't want to drop a ton of cash on a new bedroom set before I buy a house and buy all new stuff again, so where can I get some good looking furniture for cheap? What's that ... IKEA you say?

Well I picked out a new dresser and matching nightstand about 3 weeks ago at Ikea after battling all the annoying couples, screaming babies and kids running around knocking over everything in sight. I finally get to the warehouse part of the store to pick up my items and ... SOLD OUT! CRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! So, since IKEA doesn't hold anything for you (great customer service) after a couple of more fruitless trips to the Swedish Wonder they finally had my furniture in. At last!!

So Sunday I picked up a brand new dresser and nightstand from IKEA. One thing left to do; ASSEMBLE IT! This is where the realization of "cheap furniture" comes in. You get the IKEA box home, dump out 100 billion pieces, a dinky Alan wrench, confusing picture instructions and good luck to ya! You'd think you were trying to assemble a rocket to the moon with a little less than a video of watching a shuttle launch towards the sky. Umm...thanks that helps a lot. Well after a couple of hours I got them all assembled.

I finally have a new dresser and night stand thanks to IKEA. They are no Corey Brower masterpiece, but they'll do for now.

2 comments:

Corey said...

Masterpiece!?! I don't know about that. But, uh...thanks...yeah that's it...

LDH said...

dude, have you seen my house? all we have is IKEA furniture. I'm a PRO at putting that stuff together. Next time, call me!