Friday, September 28, 2007

El Pistolero

I have a problem that I’m willing to admit. Those close to me (friends and family) have known about the problem for many years. Only the last year or so have I really come to grips with the problem and learned to control it. The source of my problem … the camera.

It’s not something I normally do in daily life, only when someone is snapping pictures of me. I thought I had it under control however just last week I was reminded once again that this is a problem I need to keep constant watch over and be mindful of.

Last week, Juan (a Spanish friend of mine) started calling me by a nickname, which I was honestly honored by and made me laugh … a lot. The name, El Pistolero. It means … The Gunman. Yes, I’m that guy.

I’m the guy that in just about every picture you see me in I end up making “the guns” motion with my hands. I’m not sure how I started down this path of photo-posing destruction, but here I am and admitting the problem is the first step. Right?

Honestly, with the new nickname (el pistolero … the gunman) I’ve come to embrace my problem, identify it and take the appropriate steps towards correction. I’m ready to step into a braver, larger, “gun free” world.

In the hopes that coming to grips with my problem will help me down my path of corrective action here is the perfect sample of my infamous gun pose. Bang. Bang.

No comments: