Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Therapeutic

Since August I’ve switched accounts at work, much to my dismay. I left the most enjoyable and rewarding account I’ve worked on in my advertising career for easily the worst and most frustrating by far. Not a fair trade you say? I’d more than agree with you, but I didn’t have a choice. The only upside is the account shift carried with it a big promotion and a raise. However, I’m finding out that money isn’t everything. But that’s not the purpose of this entry, I’m getting side-tracked…

I finally got around this afternoon to cleaning out my office at work. I had a file cabinet and bookcase packed full of 2 years worth of old files for accounts I used to work on, and today I cleaned house. I tell you it was like my own therapy session. 'What’s this? Who knows … throw it!' I cleaned house (or the office, I guess) ... in essence for a brief moment it was like throwing away responsibility. Who knew cleaning could be this cathartic?

Well for the moment I now have a clean office. I bet by tomorrow it will be all junked up again.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

And that is why I love to clean my house all of the time...therapy. It's great!

Aimee said...

I love clean...everything!!
Even a clean car!