Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Science Museum of Minnesota

This past weekend I went to the Science Museum of MN. I used to go to there all the time when I was a kid as my parents had a membership. My favorite exhibit was always the dinosaur bones. I was fascinated with dinosaurs! (still am) And all of the exhibits, as a kid, seemed to go on forever and ever. And no trip to the Science Museum was complete without getting grossed out by the mummy.

Well I hadn’t been to the Science Museum since it moved in 2000 to its new location downtown St. Paul. I was really excited to see it as I had fond childhood memories. However, as I’ve learned time and time again, once you revisit a place from your childhood one always feels a bit under whelmed. As a kid a place that seemed vast and wondrous to a grown up can seem small and uninteresting. So I went in with hopeful, but low expectations.

I have to say that while the museum was certainly not as big as I remembered as a kid it was still fun. And the dinosaur bones exhibit, hands down was still the best. Oh and I got grossed out by the mummy again. Ewww…. If your looking for something to do on a Saturday and you’re in the St. Paul area you should check it out!

Here’s a few pics.













2 comments:

MikeyB said...

Go to the field museum in Chicago and you will NOT feel under-welmed.

Also dinosaurs are not real. People put them in the ground for the future generations to discover. It's a conspiracy...

Aimee said...

isn't that my grandma's theory?? Atleast give the woman some credit and not be a plagiarist!!!