Sunday, October 21, 2007

Finally

This past Saturday I FINALLY got out on the bike I bought from Mikey B. It had been a loooong time coming, as the bike had been just sitting in my apartment screaming at me for some attention.

Well, the girlfriend and I rode around the three lakes (Lake of the Isles, Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet) in Uptown. The weather was perfect out and it was a really fun bike ride; about 10.5 miles. Even got a few nice pics out of the deal (see below).

The only things that weren't too nice were a couple of minor problems I discovered with the bike (I think the chain needs to have a couple links taken out of it, due to some shifting problems, and the chain kept slipping when I was standing up trying to pedal fast.) Along with some "after biking" pain that resulted from the seat since I haven't been biking since hmmm ... let's see ... I was 10?!? Other then that a really enjoyable ride.

Below are a few pics from the ride to prove I actually did make it out. (Since Pete and Mike won't believe it.) Enjoy! :)







5 comments:

Aimee said...

Yeah....way to get out there and see the world!

LDH said...

I like the "inquistive biker" shot the best. Check out my blog for new pictures, too.

MikeyB said...

Bring it over to Petey's sometime, we can easily fix her up. Plus we can throw those road tires on.

Captain Random said...

Good idea! I will have to bring it over to Pete's sometime, if that's cool. And we'll get 'er fixed up.

pete said...

Bring it over, we can hit up some trails and then get it all set.