Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's a miracle!!

Well I witnessed a miracle today. A deaf man suddenly was able to hear once again.

I was walking back from lunch outside (in downtown Minneapolis). Now I should first set the situation up, I met up with a good friend for lunch today and lost track of time so I was in a hurry to get back to work. Well I'm trying to speed walk (managing to hit every frigin' red light on the crosswalk. I'm finally getting close to work when all of the sudden a monetary-challenged African American (otherwise known as a 'bum') jumps right out in front of me and sticks a card in my face.

At first I was rather startled, but quickly surveyed Crazy Carl's situation and I looked down at the 3rd grade writing on the card (which looked to be done in orange crayon - just classy) and read the first three words, "I am deaf..." Immediately I knew this man was wanting nothing more than money, but I had no time. I said "Sorry, I'm late!" and stepped to the side and rushed past him. To which he yells out, "SHITHEAD!"

So it's at this point I stop and realize, he wasn't looking at my lips, I didn't make any hand movements to indicate that I didn't have change. This guy isn't deaf! So I turn around and yell, "Hey, you aren't deaf! It's a miracle!!" After that all I got was a heartfelt "screw you" and he kept on walking. So wherever you may be Crazy Carl you now have something better than money or all the gold in the world, the gift to hear!! Embrace the gift that has been bestowed upon you, my stinky brother!!!

Miracles can come true my brothers and sisters. And here is the proof.

BTW - If you somehow find yourself "monetary challenged", as this man did, and choose not to work and be a drain on society. Probably not a good idea to start cursing at the people you are looking to give you their hard earned money out of the goodness of their heart. When you do that, it makes us not want to give you the money, and more want to punch you in the face. Just a suggestion.

3 comments:

pete said...

It's a double post!

pete said...

It's a double post!

Aimee said...

thats just down right, downtown funny right there!!!