Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sports Talk

Why must we be mocked as sports fans in Minnesota? Okay as my friends are aware, I’m not a hardcore sports fan by ANY means. In fact, I choose the path of movies over sports any day. However, that recently all changed in the realm of baseball. Minnesota Twins baseball to be exact. You see I recently started working for the MN Twins (in a round about way) and co-currently got involved and supported the team this year. I was going to games, cheering the players on, and for the first time in my life ... memorized the line-up. Again, scary to those that know me.

So what happened this weekend when after a great season, all the struggles, injured players and against all odds the Twins made the playoffs? We lost right away to the Oakland Athletics. Didn't even win one playoff game. A team we had no trouble beating during the regular season, we lost to right away. I can’t help but feel let down and disappointed as a Twins fan. It feels like we really turned this year around and just fizzled at the end.

Oh well, I guess we can look back and enjoy the ride of the season that took place. It was exciting, milestones were set, awards achieved, and we did clinch the Central Division. So that's something at least. I guess we can just enjoy the ride this year and look to 2007.

Better luck next year Twins ...

No comments: