Monday, April 09, 2007

The HOM Furniture Adventure

Crappy Commercials. Great Exchange Policy!

I bought a Queen-sized mattress at HOM Furniture in 2003. Well for the last year or so, the bed I bought (Spring Air – Arlington) has had a huge dip in it and been giving me some killer back pain. Well I finally did something about it, and called up HOM. And the result, simply amazing!

I learned that my bed has a 10-year warranty with HOM Furniture, and within a week of calling they sent out a technician to inspect my mattress. The guy simply walked in my apartment, looked at my mattress and said, “Well, that’s about all I need to see. Your bed has a huge dip in it.” He measured it anyways. Normally the dip in a mattress only has to be 1.5 inches to be deemed "defective"; mine was over 3.5 inches. Ouch!

I got a call the next day telling me that my mattress was considered defective, and I had an in-store credit for the original purchase price of my mattress and box spring. So, Saturday morning I found myself at HOM Furniture and picked out a brand new bed, free of charge. What’s better still is the fact that HOM does free delivery, set-up and they haul the old one away. Doesn’t get any better then that!

So HOM Furniture. They may have some crappy annoying commercials, but in my opinion they have a great customer service department with some great exchange policies. Next time your in the market for a new bed or some furniture, check them out.

4 comments:

MikeyB said...

I might have to check to see if ours has a warranty.

Captain Random said...

All they need is your phone number the purchase was under to look it up and tell you. Then HOM can bring it up and tell you if it's covered or not, or give you your customer #.

Here is their service phone number if you need it. (763) 767-3675.

MikeyB said...

We got ours from Slumberland but I'm sure the manufacture has a warranty.

Melanie said...

NICE!

Corey and I have had good luck with HOM as well.