Friday, April 27, 2007

Please plan ahead on fridays

This is just a simple request ... please plan ahead.

Okay to set this up let's jump back a bit. I constantly find myself feeling stir crazy on Friday afternoons now that the weather is nice outside. All day I long to break free of the shackles of my work environment in order to enjoy the freedom the weekend brings along with fresh air and sun shine as I go running around the lakes of Uptown-Minneapolis. However, without fail it seems that fellow co-workers (and clients alike) wait until 4:30pm or just as I'm walking out the door on Friday to get back to me or dump their problems into my email or voicemail. Like this...

"Hey Andy, this is Bob. Not sure if your around or not it's about 5pm on Friday ahhh, but ummm...yeah. I've got a whole bunch of changes I need done before the end of the day so if you could give me a call that'd be great. M'kay?"

OR my personal favorite, "Hey Andy, this is Tina. (screaming) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Call me."

Please folks be kind to the people that you work with. Don't wait until after 4pm on a Friday to dump your problems off on other people. They want to go home just as much as you do. Probably more.

This has been a public service announcement.

3 comments:

pete said...

You kidding, by 2pm everyone is gone at my work on Fridays and we don't have the "Summer Hours" some people enjoy. ;)

MikeyB said...

Dang...I'm out by noon at the latest. But I know what you mean. I get calls all the time at 4-5pm from Merchants wanting shit done.

Captain Random said...

It sucks. And what sucks even more. I no longer enjoy the wonderful "half-day Fridays". Since switching agencies, they don't have that policy here at Periscope. So it's work till 5pm for me on Friday all through summer. Poop. :(