Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend in Review

FRIDAY

Friday night I proved I wasn’t a loser … at Poker that is. When it comes to poker I’m normally the first guy out, but not this time! At the monthly PL Pride Poker Tournament I dominated the first game and came in 2nd place during the last game nearly clinching the coveted “Gold Jacket”. (The power of which enables the winner to have any whim fulfilled by those around him.) Well, no jacket, but I was happy to walk away with my monetary winnings.

Later that night the PL Pride gang (Eric, Pete, Mike, Corey, Aimee, Anne and Liz) enjoyed a bonfire at the Rick James' residence as we all huddled around the burning particleboard of Mikey B’s old entertainment system. Old plastic CD trays and all.

SATURDAY

After sleeping in I woke up to find (and enjoy) the warm weather finally signifying the death of Old Man Winter and all of his cold-hearted shenanigans. Got in a good run around Lake Harriet and then it was off to the airport to pick up the parents getting back from their vacation.

Saturday night I went with a few friends to the new movie Hot Fuzz. If you get the chance, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! Absolutely hilarious! Ironically, later that night I was pulled over by the police for speeding. However, the officer who pulled me over was really cool and let me go with a verbal warning. Afterall, it was in an area with a ridiculously low-speed limit. It was one of those areas where it was downhill and you have to pretty much hammer on the brake the whole trip down the hill to even get close to the posted speedlimit. The officer saw I was frustrated, totally understood and let me go. Thanks Mr. Officer!

SUNDAY

Got in another run and a trip to the gym to lift weights. Said hi to Hanz and Franz. The rest of the very rainy day was spent in front of the TV watching movies and veggin' out. To quote Office Space, "Michael, I did nothing. I did nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!"

Well that about sums it up. Unfortuantely now it's Monday morning. I'm at work. And I sure wish I was home doing nothing.

P.S. Anne - If you are reading this post it's probably grammatically incorrect. ;)

5 comments:

anne elizabeth fern said...

If loving grammar is wrong, I don't want to be right :) By the way, check out that Strongbad e-mail. It's called "local news" and it's hilarious. On the final screen be sure to click on the picture of the arm to hear all the grammar tunes :)

Captain Random said...

I love Strong Bad Emails! Just hilarious! I've seen that one, but not for a while. Thanks for the reminder. Sound advice.

Trogdor is still one of the greatest!

pete said...

The handjob probably helped with the traffic ticket too huh? :)

Captain Random said...

Very funny. I kept my hands on the wheel (10 and 2) the whole time. No funny business!

pete said...

Hands on the wheel with a happy ending, wow! ;)