Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Update

(A brief recap of the last few days' events. Enjoy over coffee!)

FRIDAY
- Woke up (unwillingly), went to work (unwillingly) … time ticked backwards.

- After work, got in a good run around Lake Harriet (3.2 mi)

- Took in a show at 7th St. Entry (Downtown MPLS) with my friend Ben to experience the music sensation known as James Apollo (starring my friend Adam). Later that night I ran into another friend (Preston); we all hung out and it was like a mini high school reunion. We drank, we reminisced, we gave Adam shit for not planning our 10-year high school reunion.

- Ben and I stopped by the Uptown Diner for some eats on the way home. Scary people, great food. If you’re in Uptown I recommend you stop on in.

SATURDAY
- Met the parents for breakfast at Perkins. Ba-chomp ba-chomp ba-chewie chewie chomp.

- After breakfast, stopped out at the parents’ house to help them with odd jobs and do laundry. (free laundry rules!) And watched my Dad shoot gophers from the deck. Ahh, the country.

- Back up to my place to go running around Lake Harriet. (3.2 mi)

- Dinner at Taco Johns. Crunchy Chicken and Potato Burrito. Simply Amazing!

- Par-tay at Cory’s house. Lots of people. Lots of drinking. And ended the night with some karaoke and a Sea Creature Movie Marathon. Let’s just say you haven’t lived until you’ve watched the Jaws movie rip-off, ‘Orca’ with a bunch of people while drinking. “Hey look there’s someone getting attacked! DRINK. Hey there’s a girl taking her top off … again. DRINK!!: Good times. (In bed by 4am)

SUNDAY
- Woke up around 9am, whoa … wait a sec. Why am I so tired? What happened? Huh?!?

- Time for a wake-up run around Lake Harriet (3.2 mi)

- BBQ at my friend Anne’s house near Lake Nokomis (no relation to Pete and Anne), with some of my old friends who I haven’t seen in a long time. Good eats, good company, and sunburn too. Sweet!

- Cleaned the apt. (I hate doing dishes!)

- Walked around Lake Harriet (soooo nice out). (3.2 mi)

- Back to work tomorrow … damn.

3 comments:

MikeyB said...

In bed by 4am? When ever you're out with us you start bitching about being tired at 9pm.

Are you talking about Ben Nordeen(sp)? If so you should invite him to the next get together we have. Maybe Saturday?

Aimee said...

Does Adam sound good live?

Captain Random said...

Yes. I was hanging out with Ben Nordeen. I see him pretty often. Good guy. I'll try to remember to invite him sometime to come out with us.

As for Adam (James Apollo). Yeah, he puts on a pretty good show. I have his most recent album if you want to take a listen sometime.