Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bowling with Johan

So this is kinda funny. I have to go to this charity/fundraiser event for work tonight. It's actually Johan Santana's Bowling Event. At this event each team bowls with a MN Twins Player. Sounds pretty fun, except that the only thing is that well ... I suck at bowling! So now I get to go humiliate myself in front of our hometown sports heros. Sweet!

"Hey, Johan check this one out! (Bowling ball jumps three lanes and hits a spectator). Whoops, sorry!!! Nevermind."

I can't wait! Should be interesting. :|

-------------------------
UPDATE: Friday, June 8th (the day after)

Well the event took place last night and I didn't embarass myself, which is good thing! We bowled 2 games and my score broke 100 both times, which was my goal. Whew! Also, the baseball stars were out in full force. Got to talk with and got autographs from Johan Santana, Joe Mauer, Torii Hunter, and Juan Rincon to name a few. Also, talked with John Gordon for a while (voice of Twins game broadcasts).

I have to say the star of the night for me was Juan Rincon (relief pitcher for the Twins). I bowled next to him all night and we got to talking; this was the second time he'd ever been bowling in his life and he did a GREAT job. I think his score was 150 by the second game, which beat me! Not bad for a guy who's never bowled. And heck of a nice guy.

All in all, a great/fun event with lots of stars, media, food/beverages, and prizes. Fun was had by all.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hahahahaha! That would be funny to watch your bowling ball fly.

Good luck!